Friday, November 26, 2010

My Crib

Feeling good today. Matt and I got up extra early to search for a couch. We never planned on staying in Vegas for more the 2 years, but 3 1/2 years later, here we still are. Since we thought this was a transitional stop for us, we never really invested in furniture. We are the first to accept lovely hand-me-downs from friends. Or never pass a sweet deal at the local thrift store. I am not too ashamed to admit that I have rummaged my neighbor trash for some of my chairs and frames. I think all in all for not spending too much money on our stuff, we did pretty good! So here is a little tour de casa Banasik. Enjoy!

Spray painted canvases to make the room more boyish.
Vintage milk vase and thrifted pink vase.
Night stands are compliments of the Taylor's.


My new old hand-made rocking chair.
Vintage hats.
And my super sweet $5 table.


My Chinatown blue star paper lanterns ($2 each).
Metal table from Ross ($15) with vintage table cloth.
I got the birdcage also from Ross and decorated it with pretty bead garlands.


This painting has been with me for years and I still love it!
Matt's prized possession, his tv.


Matt's first present to me, my Audrey print.
Target book shelf. Need another for the rest of our books!


My painting "the holy trinity".
Our lovely coffee table given to use by Danny and Eva!


Rufus welcomes you as you enter.


I have really talented friends. Danny's painting of Eva and Moses.


$2 table cloth from Savers.


Pretty dining room.
I don't dig they table very much,
but we never even use this room!


I know there is lots of room for improvements, but so far, I think we did ok. What does your home say about you? I would also love to see what your inspirations are! Email me.

peace.love.mimi.

2 comments:

  1. Mimi, your house looks like something out of one of those chic, thrifty magazines. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! Making a home is hard work, but fun!

    ReplyDelete