Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adventures of a Cheap Foodie

So, as some of you know, I love me some food. Ever since having my surgery, I find myself more in love with food. Since my intake is limited, I like to eat only the "essence" of food, making every bite count. Also, as some of you know, Matt is the worlds cheapest man. So we don't go out to eat as much as I would like. Every time we go to a nice restaurant and I find myself thinking I have just had heaven in my mouth, I take out my handy phone or pad of paper and write down the ingredients. Going through the notes of my phone make me smile and remind me of the lovely memories with Matt and our culinary adventures.

I have decided to really make an effort to be better in the kitchen. I have recently tried my hand at baking, making soup, salads, meats, etc. and mostly...... FAILED. So, why in the world would I ever think that I could handle making our favorite of most favorite meals, Pho?

Well, lets just say, at least it looked good.





Matt literally said, "it's interesting"


However, I did make some really legit lumpias. Actually, they were darn good. We wrapped them in lettuce, mint, basil and carrots soaked in vinegar. They were yummy. One out of two is not bad at all.





Here are some awesome pictures of me eating and drinking.. lol. Salud!

















peace.love.mimi.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm in Project pen pal. I'll be sending you a letter this week. I'm following you now on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am so excited to send out my letters. Thanks for the follow!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete