Friday, September 10, 2010

"Fat Mimi" vs. "Not-So-Fat Mimi"

A conversation yesterday reminded me that in November it will be my 5 year anniversary since I had my lap-band surgery. It will also mark 5 years since Matt and I went on our 1st-1st date. Crazy how fast the last 5 years have swept by.

This is me 5 years ago. This is who I like to call "Fat Mimi." I love "Fat Mimi."


This is me now, who I like to refer to as "Not-So-Fat Mimi."


I am not as vivacious as "Fat Mimi" but I hold my own. Life is less carefree. I have 1 gray hair. But I have the love of my life, finally a job that I am good at and I love and for once in my life, I kinda feel like everyone else. I am no longer the funny friend side-kick. I don't have to wear a skirt as a tube top. And most importantly, I can shop in normal stores. Yes, I am sorry, but that is more important then health for me. I am just speaking the truth.

I like to have conversations with my cousin Carla and best friend, Crystal about when is the right time to let yourself go. And we all agree the answer is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. So the next step in the journey of Mimi is.... "Skinny Mimi." I need to fit in couture before I die. That is my goal. Oscar, Dolce, the even gown section at Saks and Nieman's...... ahhhhhh. I will be "Skinny Mimi" in the next 6 months. Who is wants to join me February 6th at Saks to try on dress? Now I need a game plan.

peace.love.mimi.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO beautiful, SO talented, and SO funny!! I think any version of Mimi is a good one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete